Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST) was initially set up between MUST Ehsan Foundation and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offering postgraduate programmes. MUST aims to provide a balanced and holistic education that will produce professionals who have a good understanding of the natural sciences, technology, information processing, business management and ethics. It focuses on producing graduates who will understand how their chosen fields fit into the broader scientific, technical, business, political and social contexts. It focuses on producing graduates with a multidisciplinary focus and who can work in teams and be able to express themselves creatively.
MUST Ehsan Foundation originally received a formal invitation to set up a reputable university in science, technology, engineering and business management. MUST supports:
● The development of indigenous technologies;
● The development of highly skilled human resources;
● The adoption of information-intensive and knowledge- driven processes in manufacturing;
● Innovation and creativity; and
● The promotion of Research and Development activities.
MUST & Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – Partnership
Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST) was established as a research-based university with the assistance of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA. MIT provided assistance to MUST with regard to postgraduate programmes, IT infrastructure, Library Resources, Academic Media Production, and Course Delivery.
Through this partnership, MIT had served as the model for MUST. The MIT model provides the impetus for MUST to provide good education and produce research scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs to meet industry demands.
MUST postgraduate programmes have delivered and continues to deliver substantial human capital to the industry. After gaining much experience in running postgraduate programmes, it now offers several undergraduate programmes.
About MUST PhD The Doctor of Philosophy in Management Programme (by Research) prepares competent practitioners and researchers with a firm grounding in Management who can foster research and development of new knowledge in specific areas. Through supervised research work, doctoral students are equipped with in-depth knowledge of Management and a focused understanding in the chosen area of expertise such as:
● Financial engineering
● Management accounting
● Managerial leadership
● Human capital management
● Environmental management
● Business innovation strategies
● Business creativity
● Managing creative resources
● Marketing strategies
● Social entrepreneurship management
● Others according to student’s interest
Upon successful completion, the PhD holders take pride in being able to:
● Demonstrate a systematic comprehension and in-depth understanding of the chosen discipline and mastery of skills and research methods related to the field of Management.
● Show scholarly capabilities to generate, design, implement and adopt the integral part of the research process based on theoretical frameworks.
● Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis, which has been presented and defended according to international standards, including writing in international and local publications.
Research Supervision and Process Flow
Being a full research mode programme, no course work is required. However, students are required to participate in Research Methodology workshops.
The MUST PhD in Management is accredited Malaysian Qualifications Agency under reference MQA.PA 4670 (N/346/7/0591). For details, click here.
a) The minimum duration is three (3) years.
b) The maximum duration is three (5) years.
Masters degree First or Second Upper Class honours degree or CGPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4 point scale) or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field from a recognized university.
In special circumstances, applicants who have relevant work experience in an appropriate field and a Second Lower honours degree or a CGPA of 2.50-2.99 (on a 4 point scale) may be considered for admission.
Language Proficiency –Applicants will be required to provide documentary evidence of proficiency in English in one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at a score of 600, or higher.
- International English Language Testing Services (IELTS), a minimum overall score of 6.5, and at least 6.0 in each individual component of the test.
- Provide proof of English proficiency as evaluated through personal interviews with MUST.
MUST AND EDS MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
In accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement dated August 4, 2015 which state as follows:
The EDS Business is hereby authorized to commence the offering of the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Management and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) program with Malaysia University of Science and Technology as the degree-granting institution.
Further, the following shall be the focal persons in the implementation of the said Agreement:
Dato' Dr Ben Lee, International Program Coordinator
FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON:
MUST PhD Application Form >>> Click Here